Let me start out by stating something with which most will agree. We live in the most powerful, most democratic, richest, freest, country in the world. We have a Capitalist society that encourages and rewards accomplishments and a military capability which can keep us safe from any enemy. Our Government has enough checks and balances to prevent any single person from making all decisions about every aspect of our daily lives. This is as good as it can get. Can this go on forever? If not, how could it change? After all, this is a Democracy in which the Government is run by the people and the people surely do not want to live in a banana republic under dictatorial rule. So I ask again, how could this change?
The answer, unless we lose in a major war, is that “We the People” will make it, or allow it to, change. But certainly not knowingly. Naturally anyone running for a high ranking leadership position in the Government (the President of the United States, for example) will not state that he is an anti-American and wants to become dictator of the country. What kind of fool would vote for such a man? To get elected, such a man would have to say things the people want to hear and say them clearly and convincingly while all the while not believing in any of it.
By now, I think you know where I’m going with this. Yes, I am talking about Obama. I know other candidates, some of which also have the morality of an alley cat on the make (my apologies to the cats), also did not believe in many of the statements they have made to the public but there are special reasons why Obama stands apart from them.
If a takeover of America can happen, the conditions are right for it to happen within the next few years. First, we have an anti-American for President. Let’s look at that statement for a minute. As Obama himself said on May 19 in a speech at the White House with Mexican President Calderon; “Tell me who you walk with and I’ll tell you who you are”. Well, let’s just do that. Obama has walked with Bill Ayers, a known terrorist bomber; the anti-American hate monger Jeremiah Wright to whom he used to go to for spiritual advice until he was exposed for what he is; ACORN, whose bullying and intimidation tactics are well known; Van Jones, who has stated America should be blamed for 9/11 and that the whites are trying to poison the blacks; and his own wife who admitted was not proud of America and who has stated in her Princeton 1985 thesis that she believed the whites were trying to oppress her. Add to this his speeches overseas in which he derided this country (see below), his four months delay in sending the troops General McCrystal said were necessary to win the Afghanistan war (did the war take a break over those four months or were American soldiers still being killed? Note he still sent only ¾ of the troops recommended) and most recently, his indifference to the unauthorized release of a multitude of classified military documents during an ongoing war. This release, according to Gen. Petraeus, has put people’s lives at risk. Then of course there is the Nationalization of health care, the demonization of pro-lifers and the moral Right (his opponents), the effort to call terrorist attacks just “man-made disasters”, etc. Lets not forget he wants to take our guns away from us. Is this enough, or should I go on?
Second, we have a highly intelligent con man for President. With less than a full term in the Senate and no history of noteworthy accomplishments in the Government, he has convinced the majority of voters to vote for him. I haven’t seen this following since Jim Jones or the Pied Piper. He has convinced America that his background as a community organizer qualifies him for the Presidency. He was elected only because people liked the “cut of his gib”. Like all con men, his success comes from the fact that people like him and his oratorical talents. He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his oratory alone. He is able to go into a Catholic university and, with all his well-known anti-Catholic beliefs, get a standing ovation and an honor. Given more time I have little doubt he could have talked most or all the Catholics into becoming Muslims. When, after Obama withdrew American troops from Baghdad and Baghdad underwent its largest terrorist attack in the history of that city, he had Prime Minister Maliki believing it was his (Maliki’s) fault. In spite of the election of Scott Brown to the Senate, he pushed an unpopular health care bill through Congress and signed it into law well before the mid term elections. No doubt he is hoping that the voters, not seeing any immediate negative effects, will forget about this bill by November. He’s probably right. The full negative impact of that bill will not become apparent to the public until 2014 which is, not coincidentally I’m sure, AFTER he has been elected for a second term. And here is my personal favorite. Regarding the economy, consider the following facts:
The Democrats were in control of both houses in 2008, and the economic collapse occurred in September of 2008 when Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac collapsed;
Barney Frank, chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, with support by a few other Democrats (Chuck Schumer and Chris Dodd) stated as late as July 14 of 2008 that these two lending institutions were “sound” and “solid” ;
The Bush Administration was enjoying good economic times up to that point with an unemployment rate between 4-6% ;
Bush proposed more controls over these lending institutions, only to be defeated in the Democratically controlled Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs (two examples are S. 1656 as described in the NY Times, and H.R.1461);
Awarding loans to unqualified borrowers was one of the main causes of the economic burnout and ACORN was fanning the fire;
Obama held a position of prominence at ACORN; and
Obama himself sued CitiBank for not granting loans to unqualified blacks.
In spite of all this Obama, without presenting any backup facts of his own, seems to have convinced his followers that this economic crisis was the Republicans’ fault by simply saying so.
So here we have the dangerous combination of an intelligent, anti-American President with a complicit Congress. He still has a way to go to completely convert this country and take it over, but if anyone can do it, he can. He has already taken the first step by nationalizing the health care industry and taking away one of our freedoms. There is a lot this man can do within the framework of the Constitution and the democratic process that will convert this Nation into a third-world country. Suppose we the voters do not stop him? There is a real danger we will not.
At this point I have reproduced a summary of a speech I received by email (incorrectly attributed to Charles Krauthammer). Although the actual author is unknown and it is 100% opinion, it at least shows that the speaker has independently reached 99% of the same conclusions as I. For the remaining 1% of the speech summary, I neither agree nor disagree.
1. Obama is an intellectual, charming individual. He is not to be underestimated. He is a cool customer who doesn’t show his emotions. It’s very hard to know what’s behind the mask. The taking down of the Clinton dynasty was an amazing accomplishment. The Clintons still do not understand what hit them. Obama was in the perfect place at the perfect time.
2. Obama has political skills comparable to Reagan and Clinton . He has a way of making you think he’s on your side, agreeing with your position, while doing the opposite. Pay no attention to what he SAYS; rather,watch what he DOES!
3. Obama has a ruthless quest for power. He did not come to Washington to make something out of himself, but rather to change everything, including dismantling capitalism. He can’t be straightforward on his ambitions, as the public would not go along. He has a heavy hand, and wants to level the playing field with income redistribution and punishment to the achievers of society. He would like to model the USA to Great Britain or Canada.
4. His three main goals are to control ENERGY, PUBLIC EDUCATION, and NATIONAL HEALTHCARE by the Federal government. He doesn’t care about the auto or financial services industries, but got them as an early bonus. The cap and trade will add costs to everything and stifle growth. Paying for FREE college education is his goal. Most scary is his healthcare program, because if you make it FREE and add 46,000,000 people to a Medicare-type single-payer system, the costs will go through the roof. The only way to control costs is with massive RATIONING of services, like in Canada.
5. He has surrounded himself with mostly far-left academic types. No one around him has ever even run a candy store. But they are going to try and run the auto, financial, banking and other industries. This obviously can’t work in the long run. Obama is not a socialist; rather he’s a far-left secular progressive bent on nothing short of revolution. He ran as a moderate, but will govern from the hard left. Again, watch what he does, not what he says.
6. Obama doesn’t really see himself as President of the United States , but more as a ruler over the world.. He sees himself above it all, trying to orchestrate & coordinate various countries and their agendas. He sees moral equivalency in all cultures. His apology tour in Germany and England was a prime example of how he sees America, as an imperialist nation that has been arrogant, rather than a great noble nation that has at times made errors. his is the first President ever who has chastised our allies and appeased our enemies!
7. He is now handing out goodies. He hopes that the bill (and pain) will not come due until after he is reelected in 2012. He would like to blame all problems on Bush from the past, and hopefully his successor in the future. He has a huge ego, and Dr. Krauthammer believes he is a narcissist.
8 . Republicans are in the wilderness for a while, but will emerge strong. Republicans are pining for another Reagan, but there will never be another like him. Krauthammer believes Mitt Romney, Tim Pawlenty & Bobby Jindahl (except for his terrible speech in February) are the future of the party. Newt Gingrich is brilliant, but has baggage. Sarah Palin is sincere and intelligent, but needs to really be seriously boning up on facts and info if she is to be a serious candidate in the future… We need to return to the party of lower taxes, smaller government, personal responsibility, strong national defense, and state’s rights.
9. The current level of spending is irresponsible and outrageous. We are spending trillions that we don’t have.. This could lead to hyperinflation, depression or worse.No country has ever spent themselves into prosperity. The media is giving Obama, Reid and Pelosi a pass because they love their agenda. But eventually the bill will come due and people will realize the huge bailouts didn’t work, nor will the stimulus packages. These were trillion-dollar payoffs to Obama’s allies, unions and the Congress to placate the left, so he can get support for #4 above.
10. The election was over in mid-September when Lehman brothers failed, fear and panic swept in, we had an unpopular President, and the war was grinding on indefinitely without a clear outcome. The people are in pain, and the mantra of change caused people to act emotionally. Any Dem. would have won this election; it was surprising it was as close as it was.
11. In 2012, if the unemployment rate is over 10%, Republicans will be swept back into power. If it’s under 8%, the Dems continue to roll. If it’s between 8-10%, it will be a dogfight. It will all be about the economy. I hope this gets you really thinking about what’s happening in Washington and Congress. There is a left-wing revolution going on, according to Krauthammer, and he encourages us to keep the faith and join the loyal resistance. The work will be hard, but we’re right on most issues and can reclaim our country, before it’s far too late.
I personally believe Dr. Krauthammer agrees with all this whether these are his actual words or not.